My Family

My Family

Friday, February 5, 2010

I am so overwhelmed with joy!

This statement is made with boldness because for so much of my life I was afraid to be happy because I was afraid something terrible was going to happen if I was. It was the devil ( the accuser of our soul) trying to keep me from enjoying life and embracing the goodness of God. I lived that way for far too long. One thing that I love about being a follower of Jesus, is that once we recieve Him and the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of us, we are given the authority to use the Name of Jesus to come against the devil. The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy. The Lord came to give us life and life abundantly. So you see, the truth was kept from me all these years. ONce you know the truth, the truth sets you free!! You are no longer bound. I could go on and on but the truth is...... I know experience great joy, peace and happiness because I of the One who sets us free!! JESUS!! Thank you so much Lord. I couldn't be happier...........
Also, He answers our prayers. Sometimes we need to be persistant with our prayers, but when we excercise our faith and we don't doubt (this takes lots of practice, by the way)we see how faithful our Lord is. It's not in our timing but in His.
When you read my daughter Mandy's blog....Mandymchristiansen.blogspot.com.... you will see why I am so happy today. She has posted about her love and acceptance that she and her sisters have come to. This took years for them to be able to come to this place, but they did!! It truly makes my heart soar with love and fulfillment.
God is sossososososo Good and Faithful. Thanks Mandy for sharing your heart!

1 comment:

  1. hey Debbie I must say when I read Mandy's blog saying you were gonna start blogging, then came to your blog and read all this I was soooo excited. As you prob. know you were a great women in my eyes as I grew, i wanted to be a mom, wife and helper as you were in my life. I'm excited to read your blog to hear what God is doing in your life (still) and because I know as Tisus 2 says younger women should learn from the older women. so thanks again for your love 14 yrs ago and your encouragemnet and willingness to open yourself on your blog now. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete